Even though I didn't do very well with my reading challenges last year, couldn't resist signing up for some new challenges for 2016. Have signed up for four so far, and fingers crossed I don't give in to temptation and sign up for even more!
I've taken part in the What's In A Name Challenge for several years now, but rarely finish all the categories. I think my main problem is that I never have a plan. Just leaving things up to fate to fill the categories hasn't been working, so I need to plan better this year!
The Details:The challenge runs from January to December. During this time, you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books you could choose are in brackets):
- A country (try not to use ‘Africa’!) Suggestions: Daphne Du Maurier’s Jamaica Inn, Xiaolu Guo’s I Am China, Martin Wagner’s Deutschland)
- An item of clothing (Su Dharmapala’s Saree, Ann Brashare’s The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants, Javier Moro’s El Sari Rojo; Pierre Lemaitre’s Vestido De Novia)
- An item of furniture (Marghanita Laski’s The Victorian Chaise-Longue; C S Lewis’s The Silver Chair; Goslash;hril Gabrielsen’s The Looking-Glass Sisters)
- A profession (Adriana Trigiani’s The Shoemaker’s Wife; Mikhail Elizarov’s The Librarian)
- A month of the year (Elizabeth Von Arnim’s The Enchanted April; Rhoda Baxter’s Doctor January)
- A title with the word ‘tree’ in it (Ai Mi’s Under The Hawthorn Tree; Elle Newmark’s The Sandalwood Tree)
I really like these categories this year, and am looking forward to finding titles to complete the challenge!
The one challenge that I usually have good luck finishing is the eBook Reading Challenge. I'm shooting for 25 books again this year.
Also taking part in the Goodreads Reading Challenge. I didn't do very well in 2015, but decided to shoot for the moon and set a 100 book goal for 2016!
Wish me luck!